(L to R):
Robert P. (the "Porz")
John D. (Capt. Unbound)
(photo: Zion N.P., Utah)
(click on a rider in the photo)
Unbound '01 was the first year for
the "Wild Wild West"
Ride -- Grand Canyon, Glen Canyon Dam, Zion Nat'l Park, Red Canyon, Bryce
Canyon, Capital Reef, Moab, Arches Nat'l Park, and Monument Valley. By all
accounts, it was another success -- no wrecks, no new nicknames, no breakdowns,
no arrests and only a half-day of rain. It doesn't get much better than
Quotable quotes and memorable
- Robert truly captured the ride into
Phoenix on the last day with temps about 105+ degrees when he exclaimed -- "It was
like riding through HELL!"
- For most, it was the first time
they'd seen the Grand Canyon or even heard of Zion National Park.
For some, the trip fulfilled a childhood dream. Others found themselves in unfamiliar territory.
- And then there was the bus of Japanese tourists who wanted to have their pictures taken
with the Harley's and Big Dave.
- Bill (a.k.a Mr. Barometer) christened his new FLH this trip when it fell and put a nice dent in
- Maybe it's the spanking your
face gets from the rain without a windshield that makes you
feel so good when it stops!
- Ya know, sometimes I wonder what the guys are thinking as we're riding...
- Regardless of what Roly says, wasn't that ride from Moab,
UT to Monument Valley chippy!
- And then there were some guys who couldn't make it this
year. We hope Joe & Glenn and KP & Tim can join us next year.
- More to come...